- Thyme’s aroma acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends.
- Use on surface as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent.
- Naturally repels insects.
Aromatic DescriptionWarm, herbaceous, floral, powdery
Thought to impart courage to its bearer, Thyme was given to knights and warriors before they went into battle by ladies of the Middle Ages. During this same period, Thyme was often placed beneath pillows to help promote a peaceful sleep and to ward off nightmares. The ancient Greeks used Thyme in their baths and burned it as an incense in their temples while the Egyptians used it in their traditional ceremonies. Today, Thyme is commonly used as a seasoning, but it also produces a potent essential oil that has cleansing and purifying effects for the skin; however, due to its high thymol content, Thyme should be diluted with a carrier oil before application.
- Diffuse 2-3 drops in the diffuser of your choice to help purify the air.
- Use when gardening to naturally repel insects.
- Dilute 1 drop of essential oil to 10 drops of carrier oil then apply to targeted areas on the skin to purify and promote healthy-looking skin.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with a carrier oil then apply to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, face, and sensitive areas.
Collection MethodSteam distillation
Main ConstituentsThymol, paracymene
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.