- Helps purify the air and create a positive aroma.
- Calming and relaxing aroma.
- Aroma promotes feelings of relaxation.
Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”). As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa has a wide range of health benefits and uses. Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Diffusing Melissa at night can help promote a restful sleep environment.
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest for its aroma to help lessen feelings of stress.
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep.
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh the mind.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Collection MethodSteam distillation
Plant PartLeaf, top
Geranial, germacrene D, neral, β-caryophyllene
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.